Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

[Teamspeak Information] Address: executivejustice.typefrag.com:4660 | Password: Justice

Author Topic: FNG: Gulbuddin  (Read 2592 times)

Gulbuddin

• View Profile
FNG: Gulbuddin
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:41:15 am »
Hi everyone,
So i guess i'm the FNG around here... :-)

Name's Marcus, or nick Gulbuddin, and i was just recently added to EJC by Buege.
I'm currently active duty in the Norwegian army, where i've served around 11 years so far. Short on my mil-background as follows;
- 5 years in the infantry; Anti-tank missile gunner (piece of shit called ERYX back then) and other heavier weapons mostly.
- Then crossed over and did 5 years in the Norwegian army corps of engineers, doing mostly engineer-reconnaissance.
- Currently work as a shooting-/weapons-/squad-level tactics-instructor at Norway's officers academy (Norwegian equivalent to Westpoint or The Citadel).
- Six deployments to Afghanistan spread between 2005 and 2011, and a one-year deployment term in Kosovo (back in 2001-2002).
- My contract ends next summer in a year, and i have a couple of plans in the pipeline for what to do then.

Besides my job i'm also a long-term and chronic nerd on all things space and science, as well as a fair dose of fantasy and of course, stuff relating to my job.

I found out about Star Citizen early last November, just in time for the big ship sale back then. So that led me to go overboard and i suddenly found myself as ranked grand-admiral. I have a couple of ships i'd be glad to contribute to EJC-use when that time comes;
- Retaliator
- Constellation
- Banu MM
- Cutlass
- Freelancer
- Hornet; Super, Ghost, Tracker
- Avenger
- Xi'an Scout
- Starfarer
- Gladiator Bomber
- Aurora LX

I should also mention that I've joined EJC as an affiliate. Reason being that i run a smaller org of mostly IRL friends called ISTAR, or "Intragalactic Survey, Transport and Recovery Group", which is centered around, well, those things. What this means is that i'll probably be shifting somewhat between playing for ISTAR and EJC, depending on the level of commitment from the folks in the other org once SC starts being rolled out properly.
Playtime-wise, i'm in a much more relaxed and flexible position now than i used to be while working in an operational unit. Apart from when i'm on excercise i mostly have the evenings after 1530 hours off. Well, that's the way it's going to be for the next year or so atleast. Casual fits me just fine, i'm not really cut for the hardcore-life of devoting all my free time to a game. :-)

So that's the short story about me, if anyone wants to know anything else just go ahead and ask. :-)
In any case, i'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and not the least starting to play SC in the coming months.

Take care,
Marcus

Vince_Wildman

• View Profile
Re: FNG: Gulbuddin
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:50:51 am »
Welcome to EJ from the other FNG!

Nice Hangar sir!

Semper Fi
Semper Fi!
Wildman Out!

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:53:03 am »
Welcome to the team.

We've got a few affiliates in the org mostly for cooperation and/or contract work. So no pressure to devote yourself only to us. Awesome ship collection btw.
If you're not living on the edge, you're wasting space.

SomeGuy159753

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 11:45:40 am »
Welcome aboard, that quite a collection you have there.

Gulbuddin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 04:45:25 pm »
Thanks alot folks! :-)
Yeah, i have racked up a few ships so far (i'm somewhat ashamed to say, haha!). I actually had an Idris in my basket and had pressed the process payment-button back during the great Idris-days, but the site crashed, payment didn't go through - and no Idris for me. Well, atleast i saved 1250 dollars! :-D

Anyhoo, good to be aboard, talk to you all later,

Marcus

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:47 pm »
That's quite the military career you have going there! Quite the ship collection as well, haha ;D

Vanish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 02:43:56 pm »
Hi!

Ozzy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 05:18:06 pm »
Welcome to EJ! I'm Jealous... I mean Ozzy. I'm Ozzy

Stryker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 10:35:49 pm »
welcome to EJ

Gulbuddin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 11:35:34 pm »
Hehe, well i sure hope the amount of money i've put into SC turns out to be worth it, i've never spent this much on a game before! But if SC turns out even half of what is promised it'll still be awesome, and i've been waiting for donkey's years for a game like this. :D

As for my career, to be honest i'm starting to wind things down. I'm pretty much where i want to be now, with a nice comfortable posting in Oslo - nation's capital - earning better and working less than i used to in my old unit, doing a job that only gets more complex the more i dive into it (shooting is a science i found out long ago).
Starting next summer i've been offered a job working for an American i know searching for US-servicemen MIA-remains from World War 2 in Papua New Guinea, which i just might give a go for a year and see how it turns out. Getting paid to be exploring and adventuring, can't beat that. 8)

But yeah, Star Citizen-wise, i didn't buy all those ships to be gloating at myself... I foresee some good times with alot of ingame adventuring with good people as well. Most of the more exotic ships atleast have LTI, so they're there for us all to use, so long as the game mechanics will allow for being crewed and run without myself onboard at all times. :)

Have a good one,
Marcus
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 11:37:18 pm by Gulbuddin »

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 11:42:50 pm »

Gulbuddin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »
By the way, i upgraded my Freelancer to a DUR-version today, melted my Honret Ghost, did a cross-chassis upgrade on my Aurora LX LTI to a Hornet LTI, and upgraded the Hornet to a Hornet Ghost again. So i now have a Hornet Ghost LTI. Supercool! 8)

Gulbuddin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 11:46:35 pm »
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/421125374156623872
Haha! I just wish i had enough cash to go full Completionist - i would in an eyeblink! :D

Gulbuddin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 11:56:08 pm »
Come to think of it Buege, do you have a signature-banner for EJC (and the code i need to put in to use it, as i'm pretty useless on "wwweb-stuff")? I was thinking i'd fly that on the RSI-forums, as i want my own ISTAR org to be somewhat more low-profile. :)

Ozzy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 04:54:37 am »
I can personally tell ya I've heard great things about the MIA remains searching from people in my career field. The actual goal is what it is, but getting to go cool places doing an odd job like that would be pretty rewarding. Hope it works out!

Enterprise © Bloc