Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

[Teamspeak Information] Address: executivejustice.typefrag.com:4660 | Password: Justice

Author Topic: kamekazi\Waldo  (Read 4940 times)

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
kamekazi\Waldo
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:04:56 pm »
Hey everyone. My name is Waldo but I've more or less come to be known as kamekazi by most of the people I play with online. But don't worry I don't play as a suicide bomber. It actually refers to my playstyle of breaking through enemy lines or flanking. I'm a network administrator but do programming and web design as contract work on the side. I play professional paintball mostly specializing in military simulation scenarios. I sometimes go drag racing for fun and to earn a bit extra in wagers. That would basically sum up my main interests. I've got a bunch more hobbies but I'm not gonna fill up this page with that.

I live in South Africa and there aren't many non-competitive clans/groups here so I'm glad I found this one. Most of the casual groups I do find still have mandatory events which makes it hard for me because of the big time difference between the continents. This will actually be my first pc gaming group that I join.

I have admiration for a proper military specifically the discipline and training that goes with it. Unfortunately the nations military here has been falling apart over the last 20 years and is no longer something to be respected but we try and get as close as possible to the old systems with paintball, training junior teams to teach them discipline from an early age.

I like the principles and ideas of this group and will do what I can to uphold it. Again my only problem will be the time difference between us. I wish I had hears of star citizen back when it launched but luckily I'm not too late to miss the alpha and onwards. I've already gotten the following:

RSI Constellation - LTI
Anvil Aerospace Hornet F7C - LTI
Super hornet upgrade

I plan to buy additional ships next year but right now I'm saving up for a pc that will be able to run the game as well as a proper control setup.

On social level  I don't talk much. But when I type posts I like to go into a lot of detail.
If you're not living on the edge, you're wasting space.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: kamekazi\Waldo
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »
Welcome aboard! Ozzy, my brother (Bogey Alert) and I used to play paintball a lot in middle school and high school. At one point we built a paintball tank with a giant cannon to use at big games, I miss the sport sometimes. I want to get into racing with my new car but I worry about ruining the car, haha.

It's quite a coincidence that you're from South Africa and joining us. About 4 years ago I was trying to come up with a name for my Eve Online corporation, I had done some research into PMC's for a class I was taking and the 90s' South African PMC Executive Outcomes is what I based the name on. I have been looking to expand internationally to cover all the timezones so I'm sure that won't be a problem by the time the game is released.

I hope you enjoy the organization and I look forward to flying with you!

-Chris

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 06:55:29 pm »
I can see we're gonna get along just fine. As for getting into racing. Yes. You will ruin the car, I guarantee it. But that's part of the fun. Fixing and customizing. Tip though, start with a cheap car that's easy to fix and work on. Preferably something that you would find in most scrap yards cause you'll be replacing a lot of parts in the beginning while you're still learning the basics of tuning and customizing. I can only hope the customization and tuning systems in the game will allow for as much detail.

I have to admit I find your inspiration for your corp name pretty cool. Just recently started playing eve myself.

And here's to hoping I make a good wing man. My usual flying buddy will probably be applying for this guild as well soon.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:22:30 pm »
Yeah, I drive a G35. I want to race it but there is no way I'm going to ruin that car, haha. Maybe I'll get a civic or something I can run into the ground someday.

We'll have plenty of time to practice flying with the dogfight module, your friend is more than welcome to join!

gossman

• Goss Boss
  • Administrator
  • woot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 04:16:00 am »
hey nice to have you.
"All for one and one for All"

Each individual should act for the benefit of the group, and the group should act for the benefit of each individual.

Bogeyalert

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 06:09:44 am »
Welcome to the group Waldo. It looks like your play style would make for some excellent blockade running! Don't worry about the time difference, it's nice to have folks from all around the world. That way we can provide each other support around the clock. As far as paintball goes, if you ever find yourself on this side of the puddle, let me know. BUEGECJ, Ozzy, and myself would be more than willing to dust off our equipment and put some rounds downrange!

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 09:47:59 am »
Sounds like a plan. I'm actually looking into heading over next December. If all goes well I can take a week vacation in the states.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 08:33:09 pm »
Awesome, where are you planning on vacationing?

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 09:02:31 pm »
Not sure yet. It's a big country. Though I'm not too rushed. Still got a whole year to plan.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 09:11:33 pm »
For sure! It is definitely a big country, there are plenty of good vacation spots too.

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 09:32:58 pm »
I was actually thinking of going to the west coast, renting a 4-door saloon with V8 or bigger and driving through to the east coast. Then flying back from there. All the while taking in the sights along the way.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 01:26:24 am »
Get a 5.0 Mustang convertible or something. Road trips in sports cars are always where it's at.

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 05:45:57 am »
Usually I'd agree with you but I might not be alone on the trip. If I do go alone then Mustang FTW.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 10:11:55 am »
Well in that case you need a G35, ladies love the G ;D haha

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 08:12:09 pm »
Not really a fan. There's nothing wrong with a G35. It's a good choice. Just not my taste. Unfortunately the cars at the top of my list all come from the 60's and 70's so won't really find them for rent. And the one that falls into my no.1 spot is too rare unmodified. 1998 Toyota Supra RZ

Enterprise © Bloc