Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

[Teamspeak Information] Address: executivejustice.typefrag.com:4660 | Password: Justice

Author Topic: Connie Variants and Commercial  (Read 5674 times)

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Connie Variants and Commercial
« on: August 15, 2014, 11:17:15 pm »
Another example of why RSI should do car commercials too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG-82TakEqk

I hope they release a luxury Idris variant like the Phoenix, not holding my breath though XD

Siro Canis

• View Profile
Re: Connie Variants and Commercial
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 04:34:05 am »
I melted my Connie and Cutlasses and bought one of the limited Connie super packs.  Now I own them all!!! muahahahahahaaaaa - I have an addiction =/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:36:50 am by Siro Canis »

Simoh1990

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:31:43 pm »
What you own them all!?!?!? nice one I myself only have the Andromeda from before all the variants thinking of upgrading to the Phoenix. I want my Connie to be able to do well in fights, which is better the Andromeda or Phoenix?

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:34:32 pm »
I'm starting to get really, REALLY annoyed by the fact that all these limited time sales happen in the middle of the month and not around payday.
If you're not living on the edge, you're wasting space.

Siro Canis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 12:14:50 am »
What you own them all!?!?!? nice one I myself only have the Andromeda from before all the variants thinking of upgrading to the Phoenix. I want my Connie to be able to do well in fights, which is better the Andromeda or Phoenix?

It really depends on how you look at it. I'm guessing the P72 that comes with the Phoenix will be a better snub fighter than the P52 that comes with the Andro.  That being said, I plan on loading my P72 on to my Andro, GIC willing, and using it as my fighter Connie.

But I could just as easily use the Phoenix.  It has less missiles than the Andro, but the Andro is gonna need all those extra missiles trying to take down a Phoenix due to the defense turrets it has.  They also have different shields, and I'm betting the Phoenix's shield is a stronger one.  On top of that, they have different manned turrets, which will likely favor the Phoenix as well.  Hard to say until we can see them in action.

As I see it now, The Andro seems to be like the old P-38s of WW2, an all around fighter capable of most missions.  The Phoenix has more of a defensive type nature with the ability to unleash the gates of hell.  Something along the lines of Air Force 1.

So as they are now, the Andro will be my "fighter" and I'll use the Phoenix as more of behind the front lines command post.

Siro Canis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 12:17:31 am »
I'm starting to get really, REALLY annoyed by the fact that all these limited time sales happen in the middle of the month and not around payday.

I could be wrong, but I think you can pledge for any of the 4 Connies until CIG stops taking pledges.  I've not seen anywhere that says any of them are a limited time sale.  Then again, I'm normally unsober when I read forums so I could have just forgot haha.

Stryker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 03:51:00 am »
I could not contain my self, I picked up an Aquila. The idea of exploration just has me drooling, I will need a couple volunteers for jump point discovery. EJ needs to make our claim in the PU quickley

Vince_Wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 08:46:31 am »
Stryker - Since I'll be unable to purchase with real $ anytime soon my own ships, I'll be available to help out in whatever capacity I can once the PU gets here.
Semper Fi!
Wildman Out!

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 09:04:38 am »

I could be wrong, but I think you can pledge for any of the 4 Connies until CIG stops taking pledges.  I've not seen anywhere that says any of them are a limited time sale.  Then again, I'm normally unsober when I read forums so I could have just forgot haha.

The Phoenix upgrade (the one I want) will be available until one day before I get my months salary or until they're sold out. Looking at the numbers it looks like they'll be sold out before the 26th.
If you're not living on the edge, you're wasting space.

Simoh1990

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 06:38:50 pm »
yeah as far as I can tell the Phoenix doesn't lose out on firepower much and even gains maneuverability and as Siro touched on stronger shields. looking like I will get the Phoenix, can fly side by side Siro in Pimp Connies haha

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 07:20:18 pm »
I could not contain my self, I picked up an Aquila. The idea of exploration just has me drooling, I will need a couple volunteers for jump point discovery. EJ needs to make our claim in the PU quickley

I love how the Aquila bridge looks, the rover is pretty awesome too. I'm a big fan of the Phoenix though, that thing looks sick.

Siro Canis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 07:41:43 pm »

The Phoenix upgrade (the one I want) will be available until one day before I get my months salary or until they're sold out. Looking at the numbers it looks like they'll be sold out before the 26th.

Ahh yes, I see that now.  Hopefully there will be a couple left over that haven't sold. At the rate they are selling, it's quite possible.  I think because it has a "luxury" tag people are put off by it and don't see the hidden potential it has.  I think I even read it has an extra upgrade slot over the others too.

For those who don't own a Connie already and would like to get a Phoenix:  Another, cheaper for the time being, option would be to buy the Phoenix Upgrade package by itself.  It's $125 for the upgrade option as compared to $400 for the full ship.  Later down the line you pick up a Connie Andro and apply the upgrade to it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:01:52 pm by Siro Canis »

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 09:22:48 pm »

Ahh yes, I see that now.  Hopefully there will be a couple left over that haven't sold. At the rate they are selling, it's quite possible.  I think because it has a "luxury" tag people are put off by it and don't see the hidden potential it has.  I think I even read it has an extra upgrade slot over the others too.

For those who don't own a Connie already and would like to get a Phoenix:  Another, cheaper for the time being, option would be to buy the Phoenix Upgrade package by itself.  It's $125 for the upgrade option as compared to $400 for the full ship.  Later down the line you pick up a Connie Andro and apply the upgrade to it.

Oh I wouldn't pay the $125 for it personally, I just like how it looks XD I'd pick it up in game

Siro Canis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 10:45:43 pm »
Oh I wouldn't pay the $125 for it personally, I just like how it looks XD I'd pick it up in game

Not all of us have an Idris to fall back to  :P

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 11:10:03 pm »

Not all of us have an Idris to fall back to  :P

Just one easy payment of $5,000 and you would XD

Enterprise © Bloc