Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

[Teamspeak Information] Address: executivejustice.typefrag.com:4660 | Password: Justice

Author Topic: Greetings from CDRJohnShepard  (Read 1805 times)

CDRJohnShepard

• View Profile
Greetings from CDRJohnShepard
« on: April 02, 2015, 12:16:51 am »
Hello everyone!

A bit of background about me: I am an engineering student, with a focus on AI and Machine Learning. I have always been a science and sci-fi aficionado (personal favorites: original cast Star Trek, series and movies, and Babylon 5), and I have fond memories of Conquest: Frontier Wars and Freelancer. My favorite game series is the Mass Effect Trilogy (my name may give that away). My most recent online game was World of Tanks, where I probably peaked at a 'super-unicum' level in recent stats for those of you familiar with the term, so I did quite well. I have been on a hiatus from that for some time. I tried planetside 2, but was too busy to commit so I have not played it much. Of course, when I saw that Chris Roberts was making the ultimate game, I was immediately interested. I have been following Star Citizen since announcement, but I only just got to pledge, and am now the proud owner of an Aegis Avenger.

I am very much looking forward to customizing and upgrading my Avenger beyond its "class" (being an engineer few things appeal to me more than modding my ship into my own personal legend...I won't lie, I have been thinking about names). Needless to say, I am eagerly (and perhaps with a little trepidation) awaiting more information on variants. My intended role was a sort of 'ranger' idea, traveling through outskirts and shady locations, quietly fighting the good fight and being a good Samaritan (I may have a jedi complex). I originally created an organization just for myself, for the intended role of running solo missions, stealthy scouting, before informing and working with a heavier, more powerful organization. For the sake of that vision, as well as playing cooperatively and just having more fun in the game, I went looking for an organization with admirable and honorable goals. There were many, but you folks seemed like the perfect group of people for making this game even more awesome, if that is possible. I still have some hopes for my own personal organization (I have a vision of maybe eventually setting it up to be a smaller organization of folks connected this organization, operating somewhat separately, specializing on solo missions or long term solo posts), but we will have to see how that goes. I have not really opened it up yet. If anyone thinks that is a good idea, let me know!

Alienate mentioned his crude sense of humor, so I thought I would pre-emptively mention that I am the opposite :).  That said, outside the context of crudity, I consider myself to have a fairly good sense of humor, so hopefully I will not bore you too much :).

Oh, this has gotten quite long, so I will wrap it up. I look forward to getting to know all of you fine folks, and working with you to build the most respected, skillful, and all-round awesome organization in the game!

Shepard

gossman

• Goss Boss
  • Administrator
  • woot
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from CDRJohnShepard
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:12:51 pm »
hey man welcome to EJ we are glad to have you with us. hope to talk with you on TS soon.
"All for one and one for All"

Each individual should act for the benefit of the group, and the group should act for the benefit of each individual.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:45:23 pm »
Welcome to the EJ forums man! Glad to have you on board

Tearfall

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 07:56:18 pm »
Excellent introduction Shepard, we're honoured to have you!

Enterprise © Bloc