Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

[Teamspeak Information] Address: executivejustice.typefrag.com:4660 | Password: Justice

Author Topic: Lexxen/Santo  (Read 4935 times)

Lexxen

• View Profile
Lexxen/Santo
« on: December 06, 2013, 10:48:12 am »
Hey guys

Keenan here, most people in my normal gaming circles know me as Lexxen or Santobell the latter being my Xbox handle, I've been gaming for a long time, my first title being a M.U.D. (Multi User Dungeon). when I was 11.  Much later I was a semi finalist in the 2001 WCG (World Cyber Games) tournament for UT 99 and have been an avid player of Multiple games on multiple systems including a massive selection of MMO's of all shapes and sizes ever since.

I Herald from Australia +8 GMT time zone The city of Perth I'm married with three awesome yet energetic young girls (I'm outnumbered please send help).

I'm kind of in between games at the moment (although my wife wants me to play WoW) so I'm playing a little of everything while I wait for some of the triple A's that are on the horizon and of course my reason for joining you all "Star Citizen" where I hope to be at the fore of exploration I'd really like to locate an abandoned Carrier or Destroyer and resurrect it.

Currently I have tucked away in my hanger an Avenger and a Constellation but I'm sure this wont take long to grow.

Hope to see you round the galaxy.

Lexx.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lexxen/Santo
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 11:27:34 am »
Again, welcome aboard man! I wanted to move to Perth when I was younger, I followed that "A life for sale" guy and the city looks amazing. You sound like you have your hands full alright! Just wait until they get to high school XD You should get your wife into star citizen, the more the merrier!

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 04:00:58 pm »
Good to have you man. All avid players welcome but experienced players are always needed. I bet your UT experience will show on the ship boarding side of the game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:06:45 pm by mtkamekazi13 »
If you're not living on the edge, you're wasting space.

gossman

• Goss Boss
  • Administrator
  • woot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 04:52:49 pm »
welcome to the fleet cant wait to start playing with you and everyone else. ;D
"All for one and one for All"

Each individual should act for the benefit of the group, and the group should act for the benefit of each individual.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 09:18:10 pm »
Good to have you man. All avid players welcome but experienced players are always needed. I bet your UT experience will show on the ship boarding side of the game.

I remember having all of my friends over and linking our computers over LAN for the first time. UT 99, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault were the games.

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:56:10 am »
True classics. I like to get together with a few of my friends once a year to revisit those and a few others.

Bogeyalert

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 05:00:16 am »
Welcome to the crew Lexxen! I'm all about exploration myself, I look forward to working with you after launch!

SomeGuy159753

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 02:42:53 pm »
Welcome to the team explorer, I myself cant wait for the opportunity to find and name something after myself or the corp.

Lexxen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 03:42:36 pm »
Hey thank you for the replies mates I am really looking forward to actively and effectively working in this title, mostly because it blends to two favorite game types together that being Space Sims/Opera and First Person Shooter's.

I used to run an IT supply store and we had a dedicated group of guys about 30 in total, UT99 was one of our staple games, though I'm no where near as handy at the game as I used to be I always like to think I can hold my own.  One of my favorite styles of FPS is the Tom Clancy style shooters with the realistic (game level realistic) level of damage, no health one or two shots and your dead that sort of thing.  It makes you think, pause and take your time, plan instead of spray and prey (which in games like UT does have it's place) adding a nice level of strategy to any shooter.

BuegeCJ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 01:46:43 am »
I'm sure we'll be able to apply some of the things we learned in past FPS games to Star Citizen. Nobody is stealing our Idris out from under us XD

Lexxen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 09:55:39 am »
We need a carrier that way we could become totally self reliant.

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 12:42:31 pm »
I'm hoping for an ARMA3 type of fps. I really enjoy the difficulty and the consequence of being hit and/or injured.

Bogeyalert

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 03:17:57 pm »
We need a carrier that way we could become totally self reliant.

The Idris has a fighter bay for three smaller craft, so that will have to suffice until we can establish an outpost or salvage a larger capital ship.

Lexxen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 03:56:59 am »
Idris is nice but a Bengal oh the possibilities can you imagine the look a a small wing of space pirates face when that thing pops out of jump to defend an allied transport.

mtkamekazi13

• Procrastinator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 06:20:11 am »
I've been wondering about the mechanics for landing on such a carrier. Will it be some sort of animation for speciffic ship models or will it simply be a case of: if you fit through the door, you can come in? If it's the latter I can imagine landing with something like a fully loaded connie to try and capture the ship.

Enterprise © Bloc